For more information please see our blog post HERE
Blog post link
Why choose Grown By Nature's Re-Natured® Selenium?
Grown By Nature's Re-Natured® State Selenium & Amino Acid Complex provides essential selenium in the ultimate form. This selenium has been shown in multiple university studies and peer-reviewed studies to not only be vastly superior in absorption and retention, but more importantly, it is fully utilized within the body, as when compared to isolated selenium salts and/or synthetic selenium chelates. That's 17.6 times greater antioxidant effect compared to USP (United States Pharmacopeia) grade nutrients.
Grown By Nature's Selenium provides the nutrient in a Re-Natured® which means they will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Re-Natured® nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories who found they are:
• Significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
• Do not need to be taken with food as it contains all of the necessary food factors needed for absorption
• Nourish whichever part of the body they are needed
• Have no known allergic reactions
• Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Please see our blog post that dives deeply into the benefits of Re-Natured® nutrients HERE
Who benefits from taking Selenium & how do I know if I need it?
The following groups of people who may benefit from the addition of selenium to the diet are as follows:
• Consume large amounts of tea and coffee
• Poor Dietary Intake
• Smoke Cigarettes
• Consume Alcohol
• Have a malabsorption syndrome, such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
• Take contraceptive pills
• Severe gastrointestinal disorders may decrease the absorption of selenium, resulting in selenium depletion or deficiency
• Trauma and burns patients
• Those suffering with sexually transmitted diseases
Symptoms of deficiency:
- Loss of hair
- Discolouration of the nails and skin
- Low energy
- Brain Fog
- Fertility problems
- Weak immune system; colds, flu & viral outbreaks often
- Asthma symptoms getting worse
How much should I take?
Recommended Intake: One tablet daily as a food supplement or as directed by a practitioner.
Each tablet provides on average: Selenium 100 mcg (181% RDA)
Are there any contraindications?
Allergy Concerns: No known allergic reactions.
Contains no live yeast at time of manufacture.
NOTE: Although selenium is needed to provide a healing environment for Hypothyroidism, It is worth noting that supplementing selenium in the presence of gross iodine deficiency may be problematic for the thyroid. Let us examine this problem HERE on our blog and please consider adding Nascent Iodine to your protocol, found HERE.